Monday 10 June 2013

Cavani to discuss future after Confederations Cup


Cavani: I will discuss my future after Confeds
  

Edinson Cavani has revealed he will not discuss his Napoli future until after he has played in the Confederations Cup with Uruguay.

Cavani, who scored 29 goals in Serie A to emerge as the league's top marksman, has attracted admiring glances from a number of top clubs in Europe including Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain, Chelsea and Manchester City.

But despite the interest in him, the 26-year-old striker says he will not contemplate his future options until after his international duties are over.

"Everything is uncertain at the moment. Today I have a contract with Napoli, but on the other hand there are some conversations going on and now things are a bit dynamic," he told OMNISPORT.

"What I know is that I belong to Napoli and that I'm thinking about my national team because we have a very difficult qualifying game away to Venezuela and we also have a difficult Confederations Cup tournament to deal with.

"After all these commitments I'll think about what is going to happen."

The Partenopei president Aurelio De Laurentiis has already made it clear the club will only let Cavani go if his €63 million release clause is triggered, but the attacker himself is unaware of any concrete offers made by potentially interested bidders.

"I don't know if they [Chelsea] have made an offer for me," he continued.

"I am quiet because throughout my career I have had to deal with speculation that I have signed for another team when there wasn't any truth about that.

"People have talked about a lot of money, a sale or a loan - I am used to all that. To be honest, I am thinking about now.

"There are more things than football and sometimes we have to be focused on that. I have to have my feet on the ground. I am happy and quiet. We will see everything when happens."

With speculation continuing to link the Uruguayan with both Chelsea and Manchester City, Cavani has conceded he would not have any qualms about working under either Manchester City-bound Manuel Pellegrini or Blues' Jose Mourinho, although he did allude to his childhood dream of playing with Madrid.

"I know that to be trained by coaches of that level as Pellegrini and many others that people named like Mourinho, it would always be a pleasure to be trained by any of these coaches," he added.

"Of course, at a certain point it would be a pleasure to play in one of those teams, because when I was a child I always imagined doing it, but for now I only pay attention to Uruguay."

Cavani has a contract with Napoli until the summer of 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment